Beef Tikka Karhai
1kg Boneless Beef cubes
2 Medium onions sliced
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp crushed ginger
4 large tomatoes sliced
3/4 cup Ghee/Oil
3 tbsp yoghurt
1 tbsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tbsp tandoori masala
1 tsp garam masala
2 Bay leaves
1 black cardamom
2 inch cinnamon stick
For garnish: Ginger slices Corriander, chopped green chillies
1. In a pan heat oil/ghee and add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
2. Once onions are golden add meat and saute well 10 mins. During this saute the meat will change colour and release its juices.
3. Add crushed ginger and garlic and saute well for a further 5 to 7 mins till water has evaporated on a medium to high heat.
4. Add in tomatoes, salt, chilli powder, turmeric, whole spices and saute for 5 to 7 mins or until tomatoes have softened.
5. Add 1 to 1.5 cups of water cover and cook on a low gas for about 40 mins or until meat is tender.
6. Once meat is tender remove the lid add in tandoori masala and yoghurt and saute for a further 5 mins. By this time there should be a thick masala and oil/ghee should have separated.
(If you want a slight gravy add half a cup of water and let simmer for 5mins on a low gas).
7.Garnish with garam masala sliced ginger, green chilli, corriander and serve.