1 tablespoon coriander seeds,
1 teaspoon fennel seeds,
1 teaspoon black peppercorns,
10 methi seeds,
4 dried chillis
250g diced beef,
2 red onions finely sliced,
4 fresh green chillis,
4 cloves of garlic crushed,
3 medium diced tomatoes,
1 tablespoon chopped ginger,
1x 400ml tin of coconut milk,
1 teaspoon jeera seeds,
1 tej patta,
1 teaspoon turmeric,
1 tablespoon kashmiri chilli powder,
1. Toast whole masala until fragrant then cool and grind into powder.
2. Add ghee into pan then fry onions on low heat slowly for around 30 minutes to caramelise.
3 When beginning to caramelise add in jeera and tej patta, after 2 minutes add in the garlic, ginger and fresh green chilli.
4. When caramelised add in masala, turmeric and chilli powder (chilli powder not in photo). Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook away raw spices.
5. Add in tomatoes with a splash of water and cook until masala paste has formed.
6. Add in beef and sear in the paste.
7. Add in coconut milk and salt. Lower heat to low and cook for 2 hours or until gravy is thick. Add salt to taste if required and chopped fresh coriander.