1/2 cup cooking oil sunflower or vegetable or even some ghee
1 tsp bhuna jeera (dry roasted cumin seeds)
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 finely sliced onion
1 tbsp TCCHC basaar
1 tbsp / 1 tsp TCCHC kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp salt or to taste
200 g tomato passata or a few tomatoes or chipped tomatoes
1 cup garden
3-4 potatoes cut into bite size pieces and parboiled
1 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp TCCHC garam masala
1. Heat the oil in a utensil.
2. Add the cumin seeds and let it sizzle 30 seconds.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and let it cook 1 minute.
4. Add the onion and fry until lightly golden.
5. Reduce the heat to low, add the basaar, kashmiri chilli, and salt and stir 30 seconds slightly increase heat.
6. Add the tomatoes increase heat and cook 5 minutes until oil leaves the sides.
7. Add the garden peas stir well then add 1 cup water and bring to boil cook 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Add the potatoes and stir well. Add the kasuri methi stir and let cook another 5 to 10 minutes until potatoes soft and oil rises.
9. Sprinkle the garam masala and stir well. 10. Scoop out any excess oil.
11. Serve with boiled rice or roti.