Prawn puri starter
250g or more of shelled deveined king prawns
1 onion sliced
2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
2tbsp of garlic ginger paste
1tsp cumin powder
1tsp turmeric powder
1tsp Kashmiri chilli powder or cayenne pepper
Fresh coriander for garnish
Fresh lemon wedges
1. Fry the onions along with the garlic & ginger until soft and translucent.
2. Add the spices and cook through. Add a splash of water if necessary.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook through covered. Keep stirring and add a splash or two of water as required.
4. Once the sauce is ready add the prawns and cook for approx. 5 mins until they turn pink.
5. Add salt and squeeze fresh lemon juice over it.
6. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve with any bread of your choice. I usually use chapatis as they are healthier and use a pastry cutter to cut out the shape.