This feeds 2-4 persons
1 cup masoor dal (red lentil)
3 cups water
a couple of tbsp of cooking oil
1 heaped tsp bhuna jeera (dry roasted cumin seeds)
1 tbsp TCCHC dhaniya powder (coriander)
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp TCCHC kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp salt or to to taste
1/4 chunk creamed coconut
1/2 tsp TCCHC garam masala
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
a couple of tbsp ghee or cooking oil
5- 6 sliced garlic cloves 3 dried red chillies
Sliced green chillies and fresh coriander
1. Rinse the lentils and pre soak 10 minutes drain the water and add all the ingredients except the garam masala, kasuri methi and the tarka ingredients.
2. Bring to boil and simmer gently for 30 minutes approximately until almost mashed, stirring in between.
3. At this point add the garam masala and stir, then add the kasuri methi and simmer gently 5 minutes.
4. In a frying pan add the ghee/oil let it warm up then add the sliced garlic swirling in the pan until almost lightly golden.
5. Add the red chillies swirl another 20 seconds and add to the dal.
6. Adjust seasoning and garnish
7. Enjoy with Rice