My mums Mohogo / Mogo(cassava) with Lamb in Creamy Coconut Sauce
I absolutely adore this
6 cups water
1/2 kg lamb on the bone
1 packet cassava
1 tsp turmeric
1 and half tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli flakes
2 to 3 green chillies
1/4 block creamed coconut or half a can coconut milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Add the water to a pan add the lamb on the bone add packet cassava ( can be bought from the world food sections in supermarkets ).
2. Add the turmeric , salt, red chilli flakes add finely chopped green chillies, creamed coconut or coconut milk.
3. Boil on moderate heat until the meat is cooked. In between mash some pieces of the cassava to thicken the sauce.
4. If it’s too thick add 1/2 cup more water or so
5. Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and continue to cook.
6. Once the meat and cassava is cooked and you thick sauce check seasoning then add fresh coriander and serve