Kofte Curry (Meatball) by Bagheera
500g mutton mince,
1 grated bread for crumbs,
2 medium onions,
chopped 2 green chillies,
1 tsp each of red chill powder, cumin, coriander, garam masala, salt, paprika powder,
2 black cardamoms,
half tsp haldi
handful of cashew nuts ground.
2 cloves garlic and 1 inch ginger
Method for meatball mix
1. Add to food processor half onion, 1 clove garlic, half ginger piece, half tsp salt, half tsp garm masala. Add bread crumbs and half an egg - Blend with the meat to get it finer.
Method for Gravy
1. Blend remaining onion and fry in 2-3tbsp oil for 5 mins,
2. add remaining crushed garlic, ginger, fry another 3 mins,
3. add remaining spices cook for a minute
4. then add blended tomatoes, cook further 5-7 mins adding little water to make sure it don't stick to bottom of pan.
5. Lower heat and Add chillies and 2 tsp creme freche and 1 tablespoon yogurt, stir well them add ground cashews - stir again
6. Now add a cup of water and gently lower meatballs into gravy, turn heat low and cover to simmer until meatballs are cooked - remember to turn them over half way. Gravy would have reduced and ready to eat with roti