A few members have recently been querying about cooking on a budget and here’s a dish that only requires a handful of ingredients but is ultimate comfort food with either roti or boiled cumin rice.
Thinly sliced posted fried in
1/2 cup vegetable or sunflower oil,
1 tsp cumin seeds,
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,
3 green chillies,
2 tomatoes or a couple of tbsp of tomato passata
3 potatoes finely sliced ,
1/2 tsp turmeric,
1 tsp chilli powder,
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1/2 cup to 1 cup water
and fresh coriander for garnish (optional) you could even use 1 tsp kasuri methi instead of the coriander
A fried potatoes dish ....
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Add the cumin seeds let sizzle.
3. Add the ginger garlic and let cook 1 minute.
4. Add the green chillies and let cook one minute.
5. Add the potatoes and gently coat and cook a couple of minutes.
6. Add the turmeric salt coriander powder chilli powder and stir add the tomatoes stir a few minutes.
7. Cook a couple of moments gently stirring and ensuring potatoes coated.
8. Add 1/2 cup to a cup water and stir then cover and cook on moderate heat 15-20 minutes until potatoes cooked.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander
Handle gently to not break the potatoes