1 baby chicken / breast or thighs
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 large onion sliced
3 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger piece
or 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp deggi Mirch
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tomatoes chopped or 200g tomato passata
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp coarse black pepper
Salt to taste
1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tbsp crushed cumin seeds
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 cup water
2 to 3 tbsp yoghurt
1/2 tsp garam masala at the end
1 green chilli finely sliced for garnish
1 piece ginger cut julienne for garnish
2 tbsp fresh coriander for garnish
1. Fry the onion in hot oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic ginger stir 2 minutes.
3. Add the deggi mirch and turmeric and cook about 3-4 minutes
4. Add tomatoes cook a few minutes
5. Add the pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander and salt cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring frequently.
6. Add the chicken cook 5 minutes stirring frequently.
7. Add the yoghurt and mix well Until the yogurt has evaporated.
8. Add 1 cup water bring to simmer and the cover and leave 20- 25 minutes on moderate heat stirring in between.
9. Sprinkle the garam masala
10. Garnish with the julienne ginger and chopped green chillies and fresh coriander.